LMTA hosts a noncompetitive NMTA Lincoln District Festival at Nebraska Wesleyan University each year in spring. Students play memorized pieces for a rating and also take an ear training and theory test. Olympic type medals are awarded for a Superior (I) performance rating and an Honorary Theory Certificate for a theory/ear training grade of 90% or above. Students with a performance rating of Excellent (II) or better and a passing theory score advance to the NMTA State Festival level where they may earn a trophy. An Honors Recital is offered at the Lincoln District level for those who receive a I-, I or I+ performance rating.
Pre-college students may enter in the fields of piano, orchestra strings, voice, woodwinds, brass, percussion, plectrum guitar and classical guitar.
Festival Honors Recital Performers
Festival Date: April 25, 2020
Registration Deadline: March 14, 2020
Location: Nebraska Wesleyan University
Username: your full email address
Password: your MTNA membership number
Online Entry Form: For the Lincoln District Festival ONLY, registration can be done online. You will need to complete the form for EACH student participating in the event. Please fill in the form completely to the end and hit submit. You will receive a confirmation screen if your registration was done correctly. There will be a link on the confirmation screen to go back to the beginning of the form to add another student. You are able to go back and change information within the form ONLY if you have not hit the “submit” button at the end. If there are errors in your submission after you have hit the “submit” button, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the corrections.
Nebraska State Festival
NMTA sponsors a non-competitive State Festival in the fall of each year. In order to qualify for the NMTA pre-college performance festival, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Receive a Superior or Excellent rating in a Nebraska District Festival
- Complete the sight reading requirements at a District Festival
- Receive a passing score on the theory (60% and above) and musicianship test (performance rating of II or above) at a District Festival
- Observe suggested repertoire requirements
- Study with a teacher who is an active member of MTNA (teachers must be an active member by August 31 with all association dues paid)
- Participate at the proper level in the District Festival to qualify for State Festival
This is a non-competitive performance opportunity. Students receive ratings on their performances, general evaluations of their scales, and scores on the test on theory and musicianship.