NEBRASKA MUSIC TEACHERS ASSOCIATION FESTIVALS
Post date: Mar 3, 2011 10:08:46 PM
The Nebraska Music Teachers Association sponsors annual music festivals for serious young musicians throughout the state. Festivals consist of performance of prepared repertoire and scale requirements for a competent adjudicator. In addition, students will take an ear training and written test in theory and musicianship. Sight reading is included at the District Festivals level only. Pre-college students who have successfully passed the preliminary District Festivals may enter the non-competitive State Festival held in the fall under the direction of the NMTA Vice President.
Pre-college students may enter in the fields of piano, orchestra strings, voice, woodwinds, brass, percussion, plectrum guitar and classical guitar. Preliminary festivals for pre-college students are held each spring at the district level under the direction of the District Festival Chairs.
How to register for the District Music Festival
There are two ways to enter your students in the District Festival, 1) Mail in registration, and 2) Email registration. Each method will require separate instructions as detailed below.
- Register by Mail: All Nebraska Music Teachers Association members will receive a packet from NMTA by mid-February. This packet includes the hard copies of the entry form and teacher participation form. Instructions on how to register by mail is included in the packet. Electronic forms may be downloaded from the LMTA website for completion as outlined below and then mailed per instructions for registering by mail.
- Register by Email: Email registration will require separate instructions. Download the electronic District Festivals – Entry Form and Teacher Participation Form.
- Entry Form: Complete a form for EACH student that will be participating in the festival. Save each form by the student’s full name, with the last name listed first, e.g., Doe, John. Email all completed student forms to [email protected]. DO NOT EMAIL STUDENT FORMS TO THE DISTRICT FESTIVAL CHAIR.
- Teacher Participation Form: Complete only ONE form for yourself. Save the form under your full name with your last name listed first, e.g., Doe, Jane. Email completed form to [email protected]. DO NOT EMAIL YOUR TEACHER PARTICIPATION FORM TO THE DISTRICT FESTIVAL CHAIR.
- Checks: All checks must be made payable to Nebraska Music Teachers Association and must be sent in to the District Festival Chair by the postmark deadline. (For Lincoln District, this is March 15, 2011). The Lincoln District Festival Chair is Barbara Jones. Her contact information is listed below.
5730 Prescott Ave.
Lincoln NE 68506