PROCEDURE FOR TRACKING MEMBERSHIP LEVELS AND EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES
Please keep track of your LMTA involvement on the form available in your LMTA Yearbook, newsletter, or click here. Submit the completed form to the membership committee before June 30th.
Music Outreach Programs of student involvement in schools, hospitals, nursing homes, etc., may be sent along with the completed activity form.
Refer questions to any membership committee member.
To achieve professional status, membership must have completed the following:
1. Attend at least three LMTA meetings/workshops: Members must sign in at all LMTA sponsored events to receive workshop or meeting continuing education credits to verify attendance as listed on your form.
2. Enter one or more students in LMTA events or NMTA District Festival.
3. Serve on at least one LMTA committee.
4. Committees: Committee chairs are responsible for submitting the names of committee members to the membership committee by the end of the fiscal year.
5. Membership status based on submitted forms will be presented to the LMTA board.
6. Members whose dues are paid by June 30 of each year will be listed in the LMTA yearbook; the LMTA brochure and web-site (both of which are available for public access).
7. Membership levels will be published in the above documents.
Extenuating Circumstances: All extenuating circumstances must be submitted to the membership committee who will then present them to the LMTA board for approval.
- Non-LMTA workshops or college courses in music may qualify for the meeting/workshop requirement if the member is unable to attend LMTA sponsored events.
- Those members moving into the LMTA district, who were actively involved in a sister MTNA affiliate, will automatically qualify for professional status for one year while assimilating into LMTA.
- Extended major illness of the member or his/her family may be an extenuating circumstance in which the member may request a waiver for workshops, committee and/or student participation.
Contact the membership committee regarding other extenuating circumstances.